Since I've started this blog, I've spanned two Breeder's Cups. The first year I was pretty impressive. Last year, not so much. The days are again upon us and my pores seep with jealousy over all my friends who are gathering in Louisville this year. The game plan was to be there as well, but life intervened and here I sit in Minnesota looking forwarded to the races on TV.
Here is a brief rundown of my choices in the Breeder's Cup, Day 1. For a more detailed analysis, just click on the player on the left and listen to this morning's edition of "On the Air with Owning Racehorses" on Blog Talk Radio.
A non-filly race on Day 1, but a wide open one.
1. AU Miner - Should be flying late. Loves the longer distances and will be tough to beat.
2. Alcomo - Winner of the Brooklyn was run down by the top choice in the Greenwood.
3. Great Oak - Like him alot. Would like him more if he won a bit more often.
1. Together - Great mix of experience and talent.
2. Winter Memories - Pace will set up for her, but too chalky to bet.
3. More Than Real - Already showing consistency but may be below the top two.
1. Champagne d'Oro - Could be picking up the pieces at the end and the distance seems perfect.
2. Rightly So - FAST!!
3. Evening Jewel - Love this veteran, but will be facing a pace she hasn't seen in a while.
1. Awesome Feather - Undefeated, untested, getting better with distance.
2. Tell A Kelly - Can she handle real dirt?
3. Believe in AP - We'll see how much talent she has under that hand ride in Philly.
1. Midday - Defending champion is simply amazing.
2. Harmonious - Won four or five including score in the QEII last out.
3. Red Desire - Japanese filly should improve after last.
1. Blind Luck - Very classy three year old may be too much for these at the end.
2. Havre de Grace - Rival goes 1- 3 against the top choice.
3. Life At Ten - Older mare will be under pressure; tough to hold her speed against these.
Best of luck everyone!!