Thursday, July 16, 2009

More Thoughts From the Road

As the road show winds down in Springfield, IL, thoughts start turning back to home and racing. Full fledged blogging will resume this weekend...

* Rachel Alexandra taking on the boys in the Haskell - very cool! I think this is great for racing and she's more than up to it. Still would like to see her tackle Zenyatta at the end of the year, but it looks less and less likely that will happen.

* I Am Woman got shellacked at Pocono again. She needs a new home in a lower rent district. Rumor is she'll be moving to upstate NY. We'll see, but it has to be better than trying to tackle foes at Pocono.

* Fizzy Pop starts this weekend just in time for my return. I don't know if I can coax my wife and son into the car for another drive after this tour, but I'll be there with bells on. For those of you following at home: post 7, race 5, Canterbury Park on Saturday afternoon. $16,000 claimers going a mile and sixteenth over the turf.

* I'm going to head to the track early Saturday in order to run through the network there and make sure that live blogging can indeed take place on Claiming Crown/Lady Canterbury Day next Saturday. Many thanks to Jeff Maday at Canterbury for trying to make this possible.

* The Lincoln Bicentennial Road Show wound up today with sites around Springfield including the homestead, tomb and Museum. Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry and Antietam were awesome to visit again and share with my wife and son. One more eight hour leg and we're home.

* More race tracks passed: Penn National, Charles Town, Mountaineer, The Meadows, Hoosier Park and Indiana Live. I didn't see any signs in Ohio, but I'm pretty sure passing through the central part of the state we came within shouting distance of several.

I will be back previewing Fizzy's race Saturday morning and back with more regular posts as well.

No comments: