Monday, July 13, 2009

Random Notes From the Road

We've hit just about halfway through the Great Grevelis Road Trip of 2009 and here are some random racing -and a couple of non-racing - thoughts:

* So far we've passed by Arlington, Presque Isle, Ft. Erie, Vernon, Saratoga , Suffolk, Aqueduct, Yonkers, Belmont, The Meadowlands and Penn National. This could be quite a route for a racing road trip!

* I Am Woman is scheduled to step up to face $7000 claimers at Pocono Downs on Wednesday night. She was having a tough time against the $5000, so I have very little faith, but she couldn't get into a $5000 and needs a race. We'll see, but I'm not mortgaging the house on her.

* Fizzy Pop is also having a hard time finding a race to fill. We're hoping for a race on Saturday, but we'll see how it goes. Upside? If he runs on Saturday I'll be there to see it!

* Jeff Maday at Canterbury Park has been gracious enough to allow me to blog live from Canterbury during the Claiming Crown. We're going to test my laptop and their network over the weekend and we'll see how it goes. If all goes well, we'll be blogging live on July 25th when the blue collar Thoroughbreds get their day in the sun.

* So far Ellis Island and Ground Zero have been very emotional spots for me on this trip. The visiting family section of the trip is over (and will be missed!) and now we're at Gettysburg to be followed by Antietam, Harper's Ferry and Springfield, IL.

* Special thank yous and love yous to my parents and Theri's aunt and cousin in Jersey City for putting us up! Getting to know you was special, Deb, thanks for the opportunity!

* Finally, if my cousin Christopher ever opens a restaurant, I'll be blogging about it here. The dinner he prepared for us was unbelievable. Thanks to you and Chad for opening your home to us and for one of the best home cooked meals I've ever had!

No comments: