Monday, September 30, 2013

Breeders' Cup or Bust

You'll notice a new banner ad to the top and left of this page.  I'm proud to welcome the Breeders' Cup as an advertiser for the next month or so as we all countdown to the Cup!

This will be my first year actually attending the Breeders' Cup.  In years past I enjoyed the national broadcast or the company of friends in the press box at Canterbury Park.  It was admittedly a little odd watching the biggest day in racing from a racetrack that was mothballed for the winter, but we had a blast and last year I was able to close hard with the Classic exacta to earn $2500 for the Minnesota Retired Racehorse Project.

I am hoping to blog my thoughts from Santa Anita as well as engage in much of the Twitter discussion going on around the racing.  Additionally I am looking forward to catching up in person with many who have so long only been internet colleagues and friends.

My disastrous Super Saturday picks notwithstanding, I am looking forward to attending the biggest day in racing and providing a bit of "home style" coverage of the event from the perspective of a small owner and huge fan.

If you haven't purchased a ticket yet, click on the above and browse for tickets or even official Breeders' Cup merchandise.  It's always good to support organizations that support local small businesses like this one!

See you at Santa Anita!

No comments: