Monday, August 31, 2009

I Am Woman - Monticello Monday

I Am Woman takes on seven rivals in a Non-Winners of 3 Lifetime plus conditioned pace at Monticello Raceway this afternoon. It looks as if she should be able to get the garden trip, second on the rail, for most of the way around. If she can clear traffic and finally finish a mile she should be in a good position in the stretch. We've sung this song before, but if I weren't an optimist, I wouldn't be in racing!

SK Stu Peru - Got up in the last strides to nip I Am Woman for third last out and now moves to the rail.

I AM WOMAN

Pretty Pedals - Struggled since moving up to this level, though her last was a considerable improvement.

TT's Medalofhonor - Tried to wire the field last out but was gang tackled in the stretch to finish 5th. Wants the engine and doesn't appear to have early speed inside of her.

Powerful Al - Very flat last out and was beaten by many of these.

JL Lucy - Been able to stay close in last two but may be too tough for the top spot.

Hello Grin - Been facing much speedier in Penn, but never close to a win. Should fit in here, though.

Bella Paradisa - Wants the front but burdened with the 8 spot again. Could be a repeat of last.

If I Am Woman can't hang with this group, I'm not sure what VIP will do with her next. I would think that a drop into claiming company would be warranted, but maybe she'll surprise in here?

No comments: