Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Belmont Pick 6

The carryover ($150,000+) was too big to ignore so I'm taking a stab at the Pick 6 at Belmont today. The last time I gave this a shot I was 4 of 6 and my misses were right out of the gate and halfway through knocking me out right out of the gate (well, actually at the wire) and decimating any P3 tickets along the way. I Blogged live throughout that day, which was a lot of fun. Today is a bit of a different animal. I'm traveling through Northern Minnesota with very little cell coverage so I will have no idea how I did until I get closer to the Twin Cities later on tonight.

Here is my limited budget stab at riches and fame:

Race 4: A maiden claiming event on the dirt, I singled the 7, Esquivalience but fear the 3-year old St. Midas.

Race 5: Off the turf, this $25,000 CL nw2 event was plagued by scratches. I wasn't going for a single in this race, but ended up with one by default. The pick is the 10, Donna's Sandee.

Race 6: State Bred Maidens going a mile and an eight over a yielding turf course. I went two deep in this race taking 2, Storm Hope and 6, Mind Boggling.

Race 7: A filly and mare sprint, $10,000 Claiming. I reached three deep in this one and took 4, Smokin Sarah, 5, Crazy Thing and 7, Stephen's Rhythm's.

Race 8: State Bred Optional $50,000 Claimers over the turf. I went two deep here, but was very tempted to go three. My choices are 3, Nedjma (on the class edge over these) and 8, Speed Dating (who I think will benefit more from the second back angle and jockey change than Off Hand Remark). I vacillated back and forth on the 4, Princess Maura, but left her out as there will be a lot of pace in this race today and as a lightly raced 3, she may fold against her older competitors. I would not be surprised if she gets it, though.

Race 9: For the finale, another Maiden Claimer, I went three deep. The 1, Sarah's Sally, the 3, Carmen's Kiss (I came really close to not taking her - she was a last minute add) and the 10, Crafty Gem.

So to recap: 7/10/2,6/4,5,7/3,8/1,3,10

Best of luck to everyone giving this one a shot today. It'll be fun tonight to see the results when I finally get in cell coverage and am able to pull over and check it out!

No comments: