Thursday, June 25, 2009

Belmont Pick 6 Wrap Up

Here is a brief recap of my day chasing the Pick 6 at Belmont yesterday. I found myself a cozy spot on the side of the road with some solid cell coverage and put the iPhone to use last night. I knew when I saw the first race result I was out. I also knew that it may be a painful day because what I feared could happen in the 1st, did happen and I that set the tone for the afternoon.

Race 4: I wrote yesterday that I feared St. Midas and my fears were well founded. He got a half a length in front of the first timer, Scholarly Pursuit, and that was all she wrote. Esquivilence finished up third.

Race 5: I admittedly overlook Quonata – the string chalk – and was burned by it. My choice, Donna’s Sandee finished a game second.

Race 6: I thought the 1, WC Jones, was the stronger of the Clemente entry on the grass and with him scratched I moved over to Storm Hope who finished “with good courage” after encountering traffic problems for 2nd and Mind Boggling who I think is still running. The winner? The “other Clemente horse”, Quiet On The Tee.

Race 7: Finally got a winner. I went three deep in this one and finished 1,3 & 4 with the winner being Crazy Thing.

Race 8: The big priced (13-1) Crazy Catlady (no doubt named for Brooklyn Backstretch) upended my two choices Speed Dating and Nedjima who finished 2nd and 3rd, respectively.

Race 9: Another winner. Carmen’s Kiss easily handled my other choice Sarah’s Sally with my third in this race, Crafty Gem finished 5th.

So to tie a bow on it, I finished with 2 wins, 3 seconds and a third. Out of my 12 horses in the P6, 8 actually hit the board. Not bad, but not $200,000 or as it turns out, several winners at $33,000.

No comments: