Here is the field:
1. J’s Mary Jane: Been moving up in class the last two tries for no apparent reason since she hasn’t been winning. Hard run 2010 campaign with 18 starts and no break but finishing in the money in over half her starts.
2. Ruby Lipstick: Coming off an easy win at $8,000 last out in a non-winners of 3 condition after a layoff of three months. Not a quick race, but a win is a win.
4. TABBY LANE
5. Bobby’s Bell: Coming in off back to back wins in $5000 races. Definitely stepping up here but she has winning on her mind.
6. Busy Bev: Winner of three straight and first off the claim for trainer Jamie Ness (31%) who is a staggering 50 of 70 in the money this season. Two wins back beat a field of $10,000 claimers at Laurel.
7. Pristeen Queen: Another looking for her third straight win. Last two were easy wins at $5,000. Last race Beyer of 70 is the best of the group.
8. Indian Sky: Been horrible at Tampa since returning from an extended break but those were at $16,000 and $32,000. Big drop to take on these.
9. Cocktail Music: Competitive this level. Lost to Busy Bev last out.
11. Stormy Delivery: Winner last out at $10,000 at 12-1. Doesn’t look like this distance is her specialty.
I’d love to tell you that I feel great about this race, but I don’t. Now I don’t feel bad about it either – we simply do not know what to expect from our gal. If she reverts to her Tampa form from last year, she could really make some noise with these. Whether she will or not remains to be seen.