Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. We always take this moment at home to give thanks for family and friends and for my wife, three boys and extended family, I am always very grateful. This year, I'd like to give thanks to my equine world. I'd like to give thanks for:

- Fizzy Pop: It's hard to ask for more than a horse that keeps paying for himself as well as having a great personality around the barn;

- David Miller: No better mentor and friend;

- Bernell Rhone: A stellar trainer, no doubt, but one heckuva good man;

- Lloyd, Jeff and Russ: The best result of my initial California foray;

- Canterbury Park: No place does a better job to make racing enjoyable to all ages. A great summer meet;

- Karin Wagner: A horse never had a better friend;

- The Newsletter Gang: That ever expanding group of folks that ask to follow what's going on in the stable throughout the year;

- Partners: GRS #1 team (Josh, Mike, Laura and Jane) for getting it all started and the folks that are soon to be the next wave;

- I Am Woman & Valid Port: for promising to make 2009 special;

- Thunder High, Moogie, You Slay Me, King Mobay, Coronado's Way, Somerset Sam, Somerset Wish, Tug Of War - for the memories and the experience;

- The TBA: Sure we can be dysfunctional from time to time internally, but what family isn't? I'm thankful for the exposure, the learning and the fellowship;

- Readers: for taking the time to visit and occasionally comment. It's an honor and it's been great to stay in touch with so many of you (Geno, Mike, Gary, Jack et al).

This is by no means and exhaustive list and I apologize for leaving out anyone or anything. When I look back and give thanks for all my blessings, I can't help but get excited about the future and what is still to come.

No comments: