Monday, December 24, 2007

GreRelis?

The paperwork came in Saturday. Three letters from the state of Florida's department of Business and Professional Regulation - Parimutuel Division. These were my licenses for Florida. One for GRS #1, our racing entity; one for Grevelis Racing Stable, my own LLC for my racing interests; and one for Theodore L. Grevelis, the individual who, of course, has to get licensed as the principle for the first two entities.

Everything went as planned...except that Theodore L. Grerelis got licensed. Grerelis... Seriously. I'm pretty sure that I spelled my name correctly on the application. I most certainly did on the other two, as evidenced by the license awarded to Grevelis Racing Stable. this shouldn't end up being a problem, but you know it will be. It should be easy to fix, but you know it won't be. After the holiday I'll call the track and see what I need to do to get this corrected. I'll keep you all posted. Dealing with the state should be a hoot. This is a bit unfair on my part. I've never dealt with the state of Florida bureaucracy and they may really have their act together. I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know.

The upside is that we are now licensed. I will talk to the track bookkeeper this week and find out what I need to do to get money in our account. Then we can claim the horse we want when we're ready to strike.

No comments: